Glacier

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

41st Anniversary

Just got back from a lovely dinner with hubby to celebrate our anniversary. Forty-one years is a long time to be married and living every day with the same man.  But hey, when you invest this much of your life with one person you're in for the long haul! So to speak.  :)

Today was also the primary elections for the Republican candidate for president. I didn't vote because my candidate was not on the ballot. For whatever reason, Santorum and Gingrich were not on our ballots in Virginia so why bother?  It's an interesting primary this time and should be an interesting Republican convention this summer.

I learned recently that the grandbaby that we were expecting did not make it. Nine weeks along, the mother miscarried.  I know in my heart that he/she will be waiting to meet us in heaven but it's never easy to know that you will not get to meet the little bundle and share in the life of another grandbaby while we are still here on earth. My heart grieves for my son and Hailey for their loss.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss...We were going to go by and say congrats...I'm so glad I read this first. I promise you, I did NOT send you the lost 5 lbs.! LOL Summer is coming Sister..pool time with the kiddies!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete