Glacier

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I missed a post yesterday. I was too tired after work to sit down and write.  Today I'm going to share another project for my granddaughter's preschool.  They are called Valentine Candy Poppers.  This is not my idea. I found the craft online from another blog. So many good ideas out there.  These are made with empty toilet tissue tubes, Mod Podge, candy, and Valentine wrapping paper and/or tissue paper. 

This is what a finished popper will look like. You'll want to add ribbon and a name tag once the poppers are dry.


Begin by putting "tops" on the roll. Trace two circles on whatever paper you'll use for the tops and bottoms. I used a paper cup to trace the big circle and the actual roll for the other circle.  Cut slits to the inner circle so the paper will fold around the roll better. Mod Podge the tops on, let dry, then fill with candy.





Now you're ready to cover the other end.  Once the ends are covered, let dry then you're ready to Mod Podge paper for the center of the tube.


 I used Valentine's wrapping paper for some and tissue paper for others.


The kids can have fun popping out the ends and finding candy surprises inside.  
Here are the finished Flower Gardens for the teachers. Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment